Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I HAVE TO WORK FOR WHAT I DESERVE


There is always a price to pay for the future I prefer. Everyone will prefer to sit back, take it easy, break no sweat and still have all their dreams come true. But it doesn’t happen that way, I must exchange something in my present for my desired future.
It could be time, money, or energy; these are tools that everyone must trade with. Your ability to trade effectively with these tools will reflect on your life.
There’s hardly anything I desire that I won’t need to trade something I have for. The interesting thing is that I have what I need to trade to achieve my goals.
For instance, if I desire a better relationship, it may require that I spend more quality time with my spouse. If I desire to develop my thinking skills I may need to read more books. If I desire an intense relationship with God, then I should spend more time with him in personal fellowship. The list goes on and on.
The trick is to identify your preferred future, discover what is required from you or what it will cost you, then give it!
If you take no action to get to the destination you prefer, then you deserve to arrive where you are heading.
Sometimes, something as obvious as planning and organizing can drastically change a person’s life. Likewise what you need to do to arrive at your preferred future is not always a mystery, it’s within you.

No comments:

Post a Comment